Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh HAAAY Kigali, and how I have the best friends in the world

Hello from Kigali, Rwanda! Central African Time 2pm, finally back at lovely Beausejour
in a quaint little room. Finally, after traveling since.......forever ago, showered and changed
and looking like a functioning human being again. Still phoneless, but hopefully this will
change in a few minutes, but what's important is that Beausejour still has amazing wifi
(albeit in a really limited corner of the guesthouse, but still impressive) and now I am writing this for all of you.

I just have to say, I have the best bunch of amigos in the world. Seriously. I left the country
for a month in Africa, and I had the BEST sendoff, as if I was some kind of revolutionary
fighter off to save the world or something. I was so so touched. Where to even begin?
All the emails I got from people I didn't get to see before I left - thank you so much!
Hope I get to see you guys (especially those who graduated) soon enough :)
And for ze boyz (Jimmy, Mike, Shu, Ben, Sam) for dropping by....epic beerpong.
We ALWAYS do it the hard way. I cannot wait for more nights like that at GZ.
Matt Bird for being Matt Bird. Please exist in the world outside Opera, Trowbridge street
and your cubicle even when I am gone. Liz for being such an adorable, wonderful summer
roommate - those cookies will come in handy. One can eat only so many bananas.
Kelley Humbert you are way too adorable - I devoured the ELLE.....and the fruit loops.
Much better than airplane food. (Speaking of which, Ethiopian Air food wasn't too bad, they
just served very small portions. It was a mile-high diet) And what's funnier was that I was there
when you bought that care package, but didn't even think twice...of course everyone
needs copious amounts of junk food and travel size tissues around, why not?
And for the gentlemen and gentleladies of Phi Kappa Sigma, aka the Skullhouse, thank you
very much. It was great seeing everyone before I hopped on my 3:30 taxi of doom....and
I'm not sure if you guys planned it (I'm just going to pretend you did, so don't correct me)
but it was great to see you alumnae.....have a great life (cliche! touche!) and hope to see you
again. Apologizes for the not-very-dramatic goodbyes I had, you know, beer pong and 2am emotionally stunts me. Kyle, I know I will see you. Go back to New York or something.

Enough shout outs - if I missed someone, blame it on the alc...I meant jetlag. I was so bored
I wrote another whole blog post on my ipod somewhere inbetween the Mediterranian and northern Sudan, so I'll post that...post nap.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Min Seung said...

i'll check your blog everyday! love love love you
be safe, stay healthy, stop drinking, study hard, learn, give and love lots.

biz